Hosted phone systems offers businesses unparalleled functionality at discount prices. Compared to traditional telephone systems, hosted telephone systems reduce the need for equipment and eliminate cumbersome phone lines. Adding a line is as simple as making a phone call to your provider or logging in online and adding the new number. Because all of your lines are hosted on an offsite server and ported in using the Internet, it is quick and painless to make service changes.
How to Add a Phone Line
When using a hosted telephone system, all of your lines port in through your Internet connection, making bandwidth the only limiting factor on the number of lines you can install. Whenever you need to add a line, the process is simple:
- Log in to your telephone service provider account.
- Check your bandwidth and make sure at least 90 kbps is available to use for the phone line.
- Input the new number to be added.
- Designate a phone to ring when that line is dialed.
- Plug in the designated phone and start making and answering calls.
Since your phones work through your Internet connection with a hosted telephone system, an outage of your Internet service will affect your telephones. However, your telephone service provider allows you to forward calls to any other line, including cell phones, until the Internet connection is restored.
Benefits of a Hosted Telephone System
When choosing a hosted telephone system, you gain easy access to the exact services you need, when you need them.
- Making changes is a simple process by using your management account online.
- No monthly phone charges on top of hosting fees like with traditional telephone systems.
- All the functionality of traditional telephone systems, plus advanced features.
- Easy solutions in the event of a service disruption.
You control which ring tone sounds for each line, which phones ring when a specific number is dialed, and all sorts of other features. A hosted telephone system lets businesses streamline processes by bringing different departments into the same location with minimal administrative costs. Keep all of your employees centralized, while still enjoying the flexibility of satellite offices using a hosted telephone system.
- Hosted telephone systems have many features that are easy to use and change
- Your telephone service provider can provide you with options in the event that Internet connection is lost
- Adding a phone line to a hosted telephone system is simple
Interested in installing a hosted phone system for your business? Contact us today to get started!