More important than ever before is the importance of reducing our carbon footprint as much as possible during business practices. One major way to become more eco-friendly and sustainable is to go green withhosted PBX phone systems.
How You Can Go Green with Hosted PBX:
Reduction in Utilities and Resource Consumption
Hosted PBX systems work through your broadband internet connection meaning no telephone lines are required. With your system being hosted by an offsite company, there is no need for internal maintenance, meaning there are less people required to work at your place of business. With a decreased requirement for staffing, there is also a decrease in the heating, water, and other utilities and resources required to accommodate extra staff.
Less Landfill Waste
Since only telephones are required for a hosted PBX system, the need for bulky and extremely expensive hardware to run a typical onsite PBX is eliminated. Necessary updates to the system are done at the hosting company so the need for additional software packaging and delivery methods are also eliminated. This translates to a lot less landfill waste of electronics and software items.
A hosted PBX system can be accessed from any internet connection in the world creating an instant virtual office environment. The use of conference calling features can eliminate expensive travel for collaborative purposes, thereby significantly decreasing the carbon footprint of your business.
Going green will enhance your business image with the public, and your employees. Many people take environmental responsibility seriously so the advantages of going green are many. The eco-friendly benefits of a hosted PBX system combined with the overall savings just makes good business sense.
Key Reasons to Go Green with Hosted PBX:
- Creating sustainable and eco-friendly business operations are a social responsibility for businesses.
- Hosted PBX allows for a reduction in resources and utilities required to run your business due to requiring less staff to maintain your system.
- Landfill waste is reduced due to the lack of large electronics and unlimited software updates onsite PBX systems require.
- Eliminating travel for collaborative projects via conferencing solutions offered by hosted PBX greatly reduces the carbon footprint a business leaves behind.
- Your business image can only improve with both the public and your employees as you go green and live up to your social responsibility.